The Difficult Task of Erasing Oneself: Non-Composition in Twentieth-Century Art, a lecture given at IAS in 2007. It is also an essay found in October: 143, Abstraction, Winter 2013.
Miscellaneous essays on painting, images etc.
- Abstract Painting: The New Casualists by Sharon Butler, June 2011, The Brooklyn Rail
- Acting Out: The AB-EX Effect (abex and disco balls) by Amy Sillman, 2011, Artforum
- Aesthetics of Installation Art by Juliane Rebetisch
- After Art by David Joselit
- In Defense of the Poor Image by Hito Steyerl, e-flux journal #10, 11/2009